The workshop will focus on the effects of emerald ash borer on ash forests, including ecological effects and management activities used to address these effects. Our intent is to discuss the state of the science and management and to strengthen networking and collaborations across forest management and research. We invite contributions to the workshop in oral or poster presentation format, on the following and other related topics:
- Ecological effects
- Silvicultural practices
- Effects on hydrology and soils
- Management, mitigation, or adaptation
- Effects on other forest uses
- Ecosystem processes and stores, including carbon and nutrient cycling
- Interactions between emerald ash borer and ash forests (e.g. pathology, spread rates and patterns, ecology, forest responses)
- Registration opens: January 1 – May 31 (closed)
- Abstract deadline: February 28, 11:59 pm EST (closed)
- Notification of acceptance: mid April (notified)
- Program finalized: June 30
- The organizing committee will review all abstracts and will determine presentation format (oral/poster) as well as suitability for the workshop. Authors will be notified in mid April.
- Abstract submission must include a title, author(s) name(s), and author affiliation(s). Abstract text should be 250 words or less.
- If there is an error or question in your abstract submission, please contact Nam Jin Noh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All oral presentations will be held in Northern Light Ballroom. Each oral presentation will be 15 minutes talk and 5 min for questions, answers, and transitions. Please bring your presentation file to the session on a USB and upload your file (pdf or ppt) before the session.
- All poster presentations will be held in Northern Light Ballroom, Eagle Harbor Room, or pre-functional area. Poster sessions will be scheduled on both afternoons of the workshop. The presenter has the core time for their presenation (4:30 – 6:30 pm on the day 1 for the odd numbered posters and 1:30 – 3:30 pm on the day 2 for the even numbered posters). Please check your spots for presentation on-site again. We request that posters be mounted on Tuesday morning and be removed by the end of the day on Wednesday. We will have boards (48 inches wide x 36 inches high), easels and pushpins available to display your posters. No power or other furnishings will be available for poster presentations.